Pages

Fall

Sunday, November 22, 2015

PHILLIPS Family Reunion in Utah

We got back from Florida on the 19th of May. Macy was suppose to have a doctors appointment in the morning on the 20th but they had called to postpone it. The kids pediatrician had surgery and was having some complications; they asked me if I had wanted to just see the PA, but I wanted to see their doctor; I had some questions about Macy for her two year well visit and really just wanted to see the doctor, so I rescheduled hers for a few weeks later. I had two doctor’s appointments on the 20th; the first was with the Orthopedic and the other with my OB...I got my stitches out at my first appointment and then at the OB visit, my blood pressure was still high but not too bad, my iron was really low so they put me on supplement and set another appointment for two weeks out. 
The stitches are out =)

Randoms for the rest of the Month 
 Coloring with Daddy
 We went to the jump place one evening; we called Marshall and Sara and we met up. The kids had a blast; they had not seen Jaxon and Lyla for a while and played well 
Riding the horse and the elephant 
 Uncle Marsh build a huge wall of foam blocks, and the kids ran through...they had fun 
 We went bowling 
 We have loved doing this!! My hands still hurt a little so I did not bowl, but had fun watching them
 Me and my girl...and 34 weeks preggo 
Macy was always up in my business while I worked; and most of the time my kids would be in their jammies all day long, or no clothes at all...lol
We met up with Annie and the girls one day at Swig...we got cookies and a drink...YUM. I wish I was better and meeting up with them, the kids love seeing Lev and King.
We started going to the waterfall every week; it was something that the kids loved. I would sit and watch as they ventured our into the water. Teddy sometimes would climb the hill on the other side. I was scared watching him but he always made it
Sacked out
We met Cintia and Ezra at the pool a few times. The first time we went; Teddy loved going out with Ezra and swimming. But then as we were about to leave, he took of his life jacket but decided to go in the shallow end when another friend came. He ended up slipping and going under. He stood right up but got spooked and said he was never coming to the pool again. I got him to come on other occasions, but he would not venture out like he did that first day, 
Sam played on Taylor's work's softball team again. One Monday when Annie was out of town, I watched all 4 kids while the boys played. The girls love watching their daddy play. 
Sam is very creative. He made these masks for the kids; it was a hit...they loved pretending to be a lion and a pig
We started having a picnic everyday on my lunch break. Sometimes Sam would take the kids out a little earlier and let them play and then I would bring the food down. We had the perfect little spot right outside out place. It was a nice break to our hectic days
I never got a HUGE belly; I just gained alot of weight over my whole entire body. AND my legs swelled so so bad again and they hurt all over. With Teddy, my legs were very swollen but I was able to massage them or have Ashlee massage them; this time around and with Macy, I could not even touch them without them hurting so bad
Macy watching Teddy play soccer and the Ezra and Teddy playing
Ready for church 
A few years ago when we were in Kansas for Davy and Bree's wedding; we decided to try and have a family reunion for The Phillips Family, every two years. 2015 was the year we were planning on the first one. Sam's parents were in charge of the first one and decided to have it in Arkansas. SO, it was not good timing for us to get pregnant. We told his parents that we probably would not be able to make it. Same thing happened with sam's oldest brother Callan and his wife Karey; they did not have the resources to make it either. As plans were coming together, Marshall and Sara mentioned that we could hold the family reunion in Utah at a Cabin in the Unita's owned by Sara's family. They made the decision to move it to Utah so that we all could make it. We planned to have the reunion on the week of June 8th through the 12th. We met Marshall and Sara up at the cabin a few days before the reunion to clean up a bit and then Sam's family arrived on Sunday June 7th. I had to work that week and could not get the time off; so I spend my time going back and forth between our house and the cabin, which was about a 25 minute drive.
Sam's mom created a little fishing game. She had gotten some presents for all the kids and they loved putting the fishing pole over the blanket and getting a prize
Fisherman Teddy and Princess Macy
Teddy, Jaxon and Liam
I brought Macy home with me each night and the first evening she slept on my floor in my room...lol
Tuesday afternoon, all the family came to our house to shower and do a few things in town. Teddy fell asleep in the car and transferred to the bed. The kids went swimming and had a blast.
I had a doctors appointment on Wednesday June 10th; I had brought breakfast out to the Cabin that morning and left Macy with Sam and his family. My blood pressure was elevated at my appointment and the doctor took one look at my legs and left to make some calls. Part of me wanted the doctor to say that they would take her on the 11th; so that Sam's family could meet her but when she came back into the room, she said they would take the baby on Monday; which was the 15th; hearing those words made me so happy. I was sad that Sam’s family was leaving on the 14th and would miss seeing the baby by a day, but was happy that the end was in site. I called my mom on the way home from my appointment and told them that they would take her early. She had a flight to come out on June 22nd but was able to change it to come on the 14th. My sister Tiffani and her kids also were coming in the 14th to spend the summer our west. I let her know if she wanted to she was more than welcome to come to the hospital at any time and could be there for the birth. My sister and her family have lived in Dubai and Qatar for the last 6 years. They moved to the states in March of this year and it was nice to think that she would be able to be part of this experience. She has had to miss out on alot of events and finally here was one where she could be there. After my appointment, I went up to the cabin and let Sam's family know and we had a nice evening. 

 Thursday was a interesting day. The family was suppose to come into town to do an activity but Sam's mom's brother Bill ended up bringing some 4 wheeler's and they stayed up at the Cabin to ride them. I was working all morning. At one point I felt something was off; I saw a air medic helicopter and said a little prayer everyone was alright. I was running a little late finishing up work and finally got Macy and I ready and heading up to the Cabin. When I got there I knew something was wrong. Sam's brother Davy and his wife Bree had been in an accident. The 4 wheeler they were on had slipped off the side of a ravine and had flipped. Marshal had taken them to the hospital. Macy was sleeping in the car at the time, so I ended up taking Sam's parents down to the hospital. Sam came down a little later with Teddy and Jaxon. After a long while, they were able to be released. Davy was okay but Bree had broken her leg very badly. It broke my heart to see such an awesome person in so much pain. They had a flight early in the morning to go home. So they ended up staying at our house that night and I brought them to the airport the next morning. I dont know how she did but but they made it home. It was a stinky way to end the reunion but so so grateful it had not been worse. In the news that same weekend, there had been a few people who had died in ATV accidents. We are very thankful that they were okay. 
Friday, the family spent time cleaning the cabin and then we went out to eat with Sam's dad's sister Nancy and her family at chuck a rama; we had a nice time
Sam's family left to go home Saturday morning. We spend the afternoon home but decided to get out in the evening. Friday had been out 6 year wedding anniversary but since his family was still in town, we decided to do something as a family on Saturday. We ended up driving to the Draper Temple and showing the kids where we got married. We then went to TJ Maxx and let the kids pick out a toy and then we ended the night at Chuck E Cheese. We wanted to give the kids one more night of fun before their baby sister came. 

Temple and mirror at the store...37 weeks =)
Having fun at chuck e cheese...the last hurrah before the baby. 

No comments: